Thursday 18 July 2019

Faith - no place for boasting

You can't boast about your faith, either. As Paul tells us – it's not from us it is the gift of God. I suppose people do boast about gifts – hey, look what I got for Christmas; look what someone gave me. But really there is no place for boasting here. 
As for boasting about what we've done or what we're going to do, that is completely out of court because it is not through these that we are saved. It's like someone being given a birthday gift by you and looking through it and saying 'Yes, it all seems to be there. That's about what I deserve. I'm glad I made the effort to be extra nice to you last week so that you would get me exactly what I wanted and what I, after all, do deserve'! What? That was a gift not some sort of wages!

No comments:

Post a Comment